Guardian Inspection Services Ltd
Did you know the latest addition of NFPA 211 has been revised with many changes pertaining to inspections of existing chimneys, fireplaces, vents and solid fuel burning appliances. These changes include circumstances requiring inspections, by a qualified agency at the time of sale or transfer of property.
The average home inspector does not meet NFPA 211’s criteria for a qualified agency.
Ensure you are getting the best advice before purchasing a home.
Guardian Service’s Inspectors are qualified masons WETT Certified ‘IN ALL ASPECTS’ plus a member of the Fire Prevention Officier’s Association.
Any short comings found in our inspection can be followed up with written estimated for code compliant solutions. If no short comings are found our thorough inspection will provide you with paper work for your insurer and peace of mind for all.
- Rapid creosote build-up
- Dripping from the base of the chimney
- Staining of the outer chimney shell
- Sluggish draft
- Smoke spill-out when the appliance door is opened
- Corrosion of the outer shell of a factory-built chimney
- Deterioration of the brickwork of a masonry chimney
- Cold air flowing down the chimney when the appliance isn’t in use
- The odour of creosote in the home
- If you have ever had a chimney fire you should have you system
checked for damage. We can ensure that your system is still fire worth.